We have found the perfect dutch ovens and accessories for you from Amazon for all your cooking needs. Our selection includes a variety of sizes and materials, including enameled cast iron, stainless steel, and ceramic. These versatile pots are great for braising, roasting, and slow cooking, and can go from the stovetop to the oven with ease. Choose the right dutch oven for your kitchen and start creating delicious, hearty meals today
Showing 1–12 of 212 results
What are Dutch ovens used for?
Dutch ovens are large, heavy pots with tight-fitting lids that are used for a variety of cooking tasks. They are typically made from cast iron or enameled cast iron and are known for their ability to retain heat and distribute it evenly. This makes them ideal for slow-cooking, braising, stewing, roasting, and baking. Dutch ovens are often used to make soups, stews, and other dishes that require long cooking times at low temperatures, and they can be used on a stovetop, in an oven, or over a campfire. They are also commonly used for baking bread and other dishes that require a heavy, oven-safe pot.
Our top picks:
BEST DUTCH OVENS
Staub Round Cocotte
BEST LIGHTWEIGHT DUTCH OVEN
Emile Henry Sublime Dutch Oven
BEST VALUE DUTCH OVEN
Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
BEST OVERALL DUTCH OVEN
Le Creuset Round Dutch Oven
What to look for when shopping for a Dutch oven
When shopping for a Dutch oven, there are a few key things to consider:
- Material: Dutch ovens can be made from a variety of materials, including enameled cast iron, stainless steel, and ceramic. Each material has its own unique properties and benefits. For example, enameled cast iron is great for retaining heat and can be used on the stovetop and in the oven, while stainless steel is a more lightweight option and is typically better suited for stovetop use.
- Size: Dutch ovens come in a range of sizes, so it’s important to choose one that will meet your cooking needs. Consider how many people you typically cook for, as well as the types of dishes you’ll be making. A larger Dutch oven is great for cooking large batches of soup or stew, while a smaller one may be more suitable for smaller meals or side dishes.
- Lid: The lid of a Dutch oven is important for trapping heat and moisture, which helps to create a more flavorful and tender finished product. Look for a Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid to ensure that your food cooks evenly.
- Handle: A sturdy handle is essential for moving your Dutch oven around the kitchen, so make sure to choose one with a handle that feels comfortable and secure.
- Brand: Finally, consider the brand of the Dutch oven you’re considering. Look for a reputable and reliable brand with a good track record of producing high-quality cookware.
How to use a Dutch Oven
There are many ways to use a Dutch oven, but here are a few tips to get you started:
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your Dutch oven in the oven before adding your food. This will help to ensure that the pot is hot when you add your ingredients, which will help to create a more evenly cooked and flavorful dish.
- Brown your food: If you’re making a dish that involves searing or browning meat, you can do this in the Dutch oven on the stovetop before transferring it to the oven. This will help to seal in the juices and create a nice sear on the outside of the meat.
- Add liquid: If you’re making a dish that requires liquid, such as soup or stew, make sure to add enough liquid to cover the ingredients. This will help to create a more flavorful and moist finished product.
- Cover the pot: Make sure to cover the pot with the lid when cooking in the oven. This will help to trap heat and moisture, which will help to create a more flavorful and tender finished product.
- Check the food: Periodically check the food while it’s cooking to make sure it’s cooking evenly and to stir it if necessary. You may also need to add more liquid if the dish is looking too dry.
- Adjust the temperature: If the food is cooking too quickly or slowly, you can adjust the oven temperature accordingly to ensure that it cooks at the desired rate.
- Serve and enjoy: When the food is finished cooking, remove the pot from the oven and serve your delicious, hearty meal. Enjoy!