Woks & Stir-Fry Pans
Woks and stir-fry pans are specialized cooking tools that are perfect for creating quick and flavorful stir-fries and other dishes. Our selection includes woks and stir-fry pans made of a variety of materials, including carbon steel, stainless steel, and non-stick coatings. Learn about the different types of woks and stir-fry pans and find the perfect one for your kitchen. why not get a wok or stir-fry saucepan from our best finds and start experimenting with new recipes, flavours and spices
Showing 1–12 of 197 results
What are Woks used for
Woks are a type of pan that are commonly used in East and Southeast Asian cuisine for stir-frying, deep-frying, searing, and boiling. They are typically made from carbon steel or cast iron and have a round bottom, which allows them to be easily moved and rotated during cooking. The shape of the wok also helps to distribute heat evenly and quickly, making it ideal for high-heat cooking methods like stir-frying. Woks are also versatile and can be used for a variety of dishes, from stir-fried vegetables and meat to soups and stews.
What are the best Woks to buy
There are many different woks available on the market, and the best one for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Some popular options include carbon steel woks, which are lightweight and heat up quickly, and cast iron woks, which are heavier and retain heat well. Non-stick woks are also a popular choice, as they are easy to clean and prevent food from sticking to the pan. You may also want to consider the size of the wok and whether it has a long handle or a helper handle for easier handling. It’s always a good idea to read reviews from other customers and compare prices before making a purchase. We have selected the best Woks and Stir Fry pans we have found on Amazon
How to season a Wok
To season a wok, follow these steps:
- Wash the wok with warm, soapy water and a sponge or scrubber to remove any dirt or debris. Rinse it well and dry it thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- Place the wok over medium-high heat on the stove. Allow it to heat up for several minutes until it is hot to the touch.
- Pour a small amount of oil, such as vegetable oil or peanut oil, into the wok and use a paper towel or cloth to spread it evenly over the surface of the wok.
- Continue to heat the wok for several more minutes, using a spatula or wooden spoon to move the oil around and coat the entire surface of the wok.
- Turn off the heat and allow the wok to cool. Once it has cooled, wipe any excess oil from the surface of the wok with a clean paper towel or cloth.
- Repeat this process a few times to season the wok and create a non-stick surface. After a few rounds of seasoning, the wok should be ready to use for cooking.
Note: It’s important to season a wok before using it for the first time, as this helps to create a non-stick surface and prevent food from sticking to the pan. It’s also a good idea to season the wok regularly to maintain its non-stick properties and prevent rusting.
Different types of Woks
There are several different types of woks available on the market, including carbon steel woks, cast iron woks, non-stick woks, and electric woks.
- Carbon steel woks are made from a thin, lightweight material that heats up quickly and evenly. They are versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking methods, including stir-frying, searing, and boiling.
- Cast iron woks are heavier and more durable than carbon steel woks. They retain heat well and are ideal for high-heat cooking methods like stir-frying.
- Non-stick woks are coated with a non-stick material, such as Teflon, that prevents food from sticking to the pan. They are easy to clean and are a good choice for people who want to avoid using large amounts of oil when cooking.
- Electric woks are a convenient option, as they have a built-in heating element that allows you to adjust the temperature easily. They are also portable and can be used on the countertop or table, making them a good choice for people who don’t have a stove or want to cook outdoors.