Skillets and Frying pans
Skillets and frying pans are essential cooking tools that are used to prepare a wide variety of dishes. They are a popular choice for home cooks because they are versatile and can be used for frying, sautéing, and more. Our selection includes skillets and frying pans made of a variety of materials, including stainless steel, aluminum, and non-stick coatings. Learn about the different types of skillets and frying pans and find the perfect ones for your kitchen. Browse the best range of frying skillet pans we have found for you
Showing 1–12 of 174 results
Different types of Skillets and Frying Pans
There are several different types of skillets and frying pans that are designed for different cooking tasks and styles. Here are a few of the most common types of skillets and frying pans:
- Stainless steel skillets and frying pans: These pans are made from a combination of iron, chromium, and nickel. They are known for their durability and resistance to rust and corrosion. They are also relatively inexpensive, but they are not very good at conducting heat, so they may require longer cooking times.
- Cast iron skillets and frying pans: These pans are made from cast iron, which is a very durable and heavy material. They are known for their excellent heat retention and distribution, making them great for searing and browning food. However, they are prone to rust and must be seasoned and maintained properly to prevent damage.
- Non-stick skillets and frying pans: These pans are coated with a non-stick material, such as Teflon, that prevents food from sticking to the surface of the pan. They are very easy to clean and are great for cooking delicate foods, but the non-stick coating can scratch or wear off over time, which can affect their performance.
- Copper skillets and frying pans: These pans are made from copper, which is an excellent conductor of heat. They heat up quickly and evenly, making them great for precision cooking. However, they are also relatively expensive and must be maintained properly to prevent tarnishing.
- Ceramic skillets and frying pans: These pans are made from ceramic, which is a non-toxic and non-reactive material. They are very durable and easy to clean, but they are not as good at conducting heat as other types of skillets and frying pans.
There are many other types of skillets and frying pans available, each with its own unique features and benefits. The best type of skillet or frying pan for you will depend on your cooking needs and preferences.