To cook a sweet potato in an air fryer, you will need:
- A sweet potato
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Salt and any other seasonings you like (such as garlic powder, paprika, or herbs)
Here’s how to prepare the sweet potato:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash the sweet potato and pat it dry. Prick the sweet potato all over with a fork to allow steam to escape while it cooks.
- Rub the sweet potato with the oil or melted butter, and sprinkle it with salt and any other seasonings you like.
- Place the sweet potato in the air fryer basket and cook for 30-40 minutes, until it is tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the sweet potato from the air fryer and slice it open. Serve it with your favourite toppings, such as butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, or chives. Enjoy!
You can also wrap the sweet potato in foil before cooking to help it retain moisture and cook more evenly. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for using foil in your specific air fryer model.