- A large potato (such as a Russet or Maris Pipers)
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Salt and any other seasonings you like (such as garlic powder, paprika, or herbs)
Here’s how to prepare the potato:
- Wash the potato and pat it dry. Prick the potato all over with a fork to allow steam to escape while it cooks.
- Rub the potato with the oil or melted butter, and sprinkle it with salt and any other seasonings you like.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the potato in the air fryer basket and cook for 45-60 minutes, until it is tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the potato from the air fryer and slice it open. Serve it with your favourite toppings, such as butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, or chives. Enjoy!
You can also wrap the potato in foil before cooking to help it retain moisture and cook more evenly. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for using foil in your specific air fryer model
See our section on Silicon Liners for your air fryer which are great to use when cooking jacket and baked potatoes in an air fryer to save on mess and washing up.